Search This Blog

Thursday, April 18, 2013

Coronation Chicken Recipe II

A few years ago I bought some really good curried chicken salad at Whole Foods in the US. Expensive stuff, but really tasty. Then, more recently, I came to the UK and kept finding something called "Coronation Chicken" on menus all over the place. It's a popular stuffing for sandwiches, it's served on baked potatoes... common stuff. And when I ate it, I found it was the same as that really good curried chicken salad. So now, armed with the secret, I made a batch of my own:

3/4 c cooked chicken
1/2 tsp curry powder
2 tbs mayonnaise
1 tbs mango chutney
1 tbs chopped dates or raisins
1/2 tbs sliced almonds
dash lemon juice

Stir all together till thoroughly mixed.

This makes 1 to 2 servings depending on how it's used. It makes an excellent sandwich filling but is also nice on salads.

No comments:

Post a Comment